Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Today is an Ice Cream Kind of Day or Why I Didn't Work Out

Why I Didn't Work Out This Morning (by Round Runner)

I got home from work last night and Round Hiker suggested that Little Runner had completely negated the company value of our three area rugs in the living room by grinding a variety of foods into the surface: popsicles, scrambled eggs, mac and cheese, and Oreo cookies.  Not all at once of course, but in drips and drabs and crumbs and smears for the past 18 months.  We vacuum multiple times a week and attack stains with cleaners and rags, but eventually the sheer onslaught took it tole.  Rest in peace area rugs.

We went out and bought a carpet remnant for the living room that looks pretty good, but then what wouldn't look better than sub-flooring?.  We had to move the entertainment center to hook up the Nintendo Wii we bought this weekend so that we can watch NetFlix streaming movies on our TV rather than on a laptop.  Once that was done we laid out the carpet and cut it down where necessary and placed the furniture.  The process was complicated by Little Runner howling upstairs in his bedroom (I'm scared! I'm hungry! I need help Mommy! ((What do you need help with?)) Getting out of here!! I'm not sleepy!  I want to come downstairs!) and Round Hiker being in a foul mood.  The carpet knife came apart, the cords got tangled, we got sweaty and I just tried to hide in plain sight.  I didn't get to sleep until 11 pm (two hours past my bedtime!) and Little Runner got me up at 4 am and 5 am.  And he refused to let me nap in peace after I fed him some breakfast - the traitor.

And that's why I decided to simplify my life and skip the gym this morning.

Today is an Ice Cream Kind of Day

When I don't get enough sleep I morph into the Creature That Ate Salt Lake.  It's not a pretty picture.  I must have gotten an okay base level of sleep because I haven't been munching uncontrollably all day long.  I've only eaten off my expectations once - I had a small cup of Haagen-Dazs vanilla ice cream.  Man, that stuff is good.  And thankfully they sell it in small 3 oz. cups so I didn't dive in to a whole pint.  I have been mocked for my unseemly affection for vanilla ice cream, but I still think a good vanilla flavor is the food of the gods.  I'm feeling pretty good about being able to limit my foodie carnage (so far) to one dinky cup of ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment