Sunday, July 25, 2010

I knew better, but I did it anyway

Got your curious up, didn't I?  Unfortunately it's nothing fun.  I went to bed with a headache.  Unlike the rest of the planet, apparently, I cannot go to sleep with a headache and wake up without one.  Noooooo.  I go to bed with a headache and I wake up in about 4-5 hours with a much worse one.  I have to take Ibuprofen (Vitamin I) and stay awake until the headache is gone or I am in for it.  But hope and laziness spring eternal and I went to bed with a headache and got up this morning at 2 am with a worse headache.  I finally got the gumption up to go downstairs and get some Ibuprofen and crawl back upstairs to lay about until I felt better.  I finally fell back asleep so of course Little Runner woke up at 4 am.  And then again at 5 am.

I got up with LR at 5 and stuffed him with a bottle and Thomas the Tank Engine on the tube and we both went back to sleep (intermittently) for about 2 hours.  At a little after 7 I finally got up for the day and ate breakfast and got underway to go run.  So I hit the trail at 8:15 instead of 6:30 am, which made a bit of a difference in temperature and brightness, but I got it done without too much horror. 

I always feel pokey when I exercise after a crap night sleep.  The two hours of in and out of sleep were good though because they should help keep me from munching non-stop today.  A really bad night sleep ending with little sleep overall leads me to graze constantly, which kind of negates the whole getting up and exercising thing.  Yay for comfy couches!

No comments:

Post a Comment