Friday, July 23, 2010

Flexibility

My neighbor couldn't watch Little Hiker yesterday morning so I had to drop back to plan B.  I went old-school and put in a kick-boxing DVD and did a quick walk around the neighborhood.  It did the job but wasn't enthralling.  But more to the point life threw me a curve and I still managed to work out.  Yay for me!

I did get to run this morning, which was really nice.  I moved on to interval 8 which is run 4 min walk 2 x 5 repeats.  Whoo hoo!  Progress.  I only increased my running by 30 seconds overall but I decreased my number of intervals and lengthened my running segments.  It felt surprisingly good and easy to increase my running time.  I may be actually hitting that mystical place where it gets easier and easier to run.

Running (and having a kid) is changing my body in good ways.  Having Little Runner and then chronic pain and depression widened my waist and lower body considerably. Running and loosing almost 30 lbs has slimmed me down all over a bit, but particularly my butt and thighs.  For once in my life my butt and legs fit int pants before my waist does.  Strangely, this has made pants buying significantly easier.  I'll be curious to see how the weight lifting and running change my body over time.

No comments:

Post a Comment