Saturday, July 31, 2010

Interval 9

This morning I upped my running time to 4:36 min walk 1:30 min.  At this point I am now running 23 minutes out of 30, which is 76.6% of my planned run is actually running.  Whoo hoo!  The run generally went very well.  I looked at my stopwatch occasionally, but as usual on an increase, the last two running minutes felt like a near thing. I wasn't sucking wind and I didn't have that panicky please-stop-now! feeling.  But the last 36 seconds seemed to take forever.  I can tell that I am recovering faster from the running sections each week.

I've been running barefoot 3 times a week since mid-June, and I have yet to see someone else barefoot on the trail.  I think I recall seeing one or two other people in Vibram fivefingers, but no bare tootsies.  I had a few comments on my lack of shoes, and they were both positive.  Last week one guy told me that I "must have really tough feet".  Which is funny because I am a huge pain wienie.  I'm running barefoot because it feel much better on my feet than running in shoes.  I have some calf tightness during and after running which aggravates my preexisting plantar fasciitis but absolutely no shin splits, which were the bane of every previous attempt at running. 

All in all, the morning started out in an awesome way!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment