Friday, July 30, 2010

It's About Damn Time

As of this morning I have officially lost 30 lbs.  Whoo Hoo!  That just took me about 9 months.  The plus side to going slow is that I am working on making lasting changes to my lifestyle and habits.  The down side is I've been doing this for 9 months and I still have 50 - 70 lbs. to go.  Gah.  I have to remember to be positive and celebrate the victories.  I don't weigh more now than I did 9 months ago.  That's amazing in and of itself.

I did hit the gym this morning for my weights workout.  It went very well, although there were several moments after one exercise or another that I contemplated puking.  I think waking up late and eating cereal and milk and then immediately leaving for the gym had something to do with it.  I managed to do 3 sets of 6 reps on my Smith Machine push ups on notch 3.  I think I am a little below a 30 degree angle on notch 3.  I'll claw my way up to doing three sets of 10, and then I'll drop a notch.  Soon... soon I will be doing real push ups.  That will be cool.  I lust after Jessica Biel's shoulders and arms and I think push ups will hep me get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment