Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Coordinating is hell

Round Hiker got his name because he loves to hike, which usually involves camping.  I'm a good hiker but I want a hot shower in the morning and a living environment that I don't have to unpack and pack up within 72 hours.  With a Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday running schedule it becomes hard for RH to take off for three days to go camping.  If my neighbor can't take Little Runner at 6:30 am then I am doomed to not run.  Since February I've only missed one running day.  *sigh*  The joys of parenthood - you just can't leave a 3 year old home alone without facing some charges should anyone find out.

On the plus side I had a great gym day today.  I dropped a notch down on the Smith machine for doing my push ups.  I can't do regular push ups (yet!) and I am using the bar on the Smith machine to slowly work my way down to the ground while doing push ups.



I'm on the third notch from the bottom, where the last notch would put the bar flush with the floor.  I did 2 sets of 5 today.  Whoo hoo!  When I can do sets of 10 I will drop it down another notch.  I try to increase my rep range by 2 each set each workout, so in a few weeks I hope to be doing floor push ups.  That will be awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment