Monday, July 26, 2010

The magic of alone time

Hit the gym this morning and had a pretty good workout.  Exercises like split squats that killed me the first week were reasonably okay today.  For reasons unknown to me it took me 1 hour 15 minutes to do my workout today instead of 1 hour.  I was chided for taking too long when I got home by Round Hiker.  I tamped down my murderous rage by reminding myself that he had been up all night watching several seasons of Weeds, and that he was probably not in his right mind.  RH is lucky I am a loving and tolerant wife! 

While I don't get much if any alone time at the end of the day, I get it when I exercise at the start of the day.  And I need that alone time to gear up for the day and recharge my sense of humor and perspective.  Without it I become crankier, and definitely imbued with a sense of grievance and persecution.  It's amazing what wonders exercise can wreak on the body and the psyche! 

No comments:

Post a Comment