Sunday, August 22, 2010

The Lost Week

What the hell happened to my plan?

Well my second to last post outlined a plan of attack for the week that totally fell through from start to finish.  We did get all ready and go to the pool last Sunday only to find that it closed at 2 pm, rather than 4 pm as I thought.  Our 3:15 pm arrival was rather disappointing.

Sunday I stayed up late reading a good book, so I skipped working out on Monday.  Tuesday I skipped working out because I had to give my first ever webinar session at a conference (on international statistics and sources) and I had some work to finish on my presentation before 9 am.  The rest of the week was a write off because I bought a new netbook and had some issues with the sleep/hibernate function that drove me crazy until I finally got them fixed.  Obsession is a useful personality trait when applied to the right issue, and can derail things when it's focused on a tangential issue!

The State of Round Runner Today

In accordance with my new weigh myself every day habit I found out that I am back to 207.8 lbs, which is where I started before I had company and then a conference and then a work retreat.  So if I take the last even in the 10 day string of events and count out to today, it took me 9 days to recover from my disrupted schedule even without exercising.  I think I am finally getting a handle on the whole eating the right amount of stuff.  Now I need to work on improving the stuff that I and Little Runner eat.

Barriers to returning to my regular schedule for this week: My gym closes for a week for repairs and cleaning starting tomorrow.  The U starts the fall semester on Monday.  So I will continue to eat well and I will spend the week starting my physical therapy exercises and doing some walking sessions.  We shall see where my left heel is next week before I make any more plans.  Learning to manage my eating and exercising during stressful times and injury takes some thought and effort, but not more than I have to throw at the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment