Monday, August 16, 2010

Interesting listening

Influencer

I'm listening to Influencer - the Power to Change Anything while I tool around in my car on the weekends and to and from work.  Apparently there are 3 behaviors associated with people who lost at least 30 pounds and who kept if off for at least 6 years: eating breakfast, weighing themselves daily, and working out on home equipment. 

Breakfast? Check!

Weighing myself daily? I was doing weekly, but decided that I can easily handle doing it daily, so I weighed in this morning and got a pleasant surprise - I'm down .6 of a pound, making my current weight gain for 10 days or whacked out eating and exercise schedule to be exactly 1 pound.  Which is a freaking miracle.  I must be getting better at eating a reasonable amount if convention travel, a lame foot and company only gifted me with 1 pound!

Working out on home equipment? Not so much, unless running counts as home equipment.  I have toyed with the idea of getting a treadmill and maybe some kettle balls, but nothing serious.  I will have to cogitate on how to incorporate this behavior into my way of doing things.  I think this would work best for me when I am in the maintenance phase of exercising, rather than the active phase of getting fitter and loosing weight.  I find that being at the gym greatly improves my focus and ability to work out sans 3.5 year old Little Runner hanging off from me whenever he thinks he can climb on my back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment