Sunday, August 15, 2010

Breathe in, Breathe Out, Whatever You Do, Don't Freak Out!

Updates

Up 1.6 pounds, which is only to be expected.  I suspect at least a half pound is water weight from sitting in the car and eating a corn dog and some Cheetos (the puffy kind, natch) while looking at the gorgeous Uinta scenery from Round Hiker's new 3/4 ton 4x4 pickup truck.  We had to go try it out.


Plus I had company for a week, and then went to Denver for 3 days for a conference, came home to find out that I have Achilles tendonitis and have basically been a slug for the last week and eaten out a lot.  Whew! it's probably a miracle that I am not up more than 1.6 lbs.  Company whacks out my schedule, as does travel, illness, and lameness.  I had a trifecta the last two weeks, so I'm trying not to freak out about my lack of downward progress.  My clothes still fit, and I am hanging on to that.

The Way Forward


Today (Sunday) will be my regroup and recoup day.  Grocery shopping, house/life tidying, getting to the pool with Little Runner, and basically getting ready for the week.  Monday will be back to the gym.  Tuesday will be a long walk barefoot.  I want to see how my heel does.  It feels really good right now - I almost don't even notice that there is anything wrong with my heel.  The Mobic prescription has really impressed me.  I've never had an anti-inflammatory knock out my heel pain so quickly.  I plan to be cautious and ease back into running.  limping around is no fun.  Plus pain makes me cranky and terse with Little Runner, which is definitely not cool.  Hopefully by the end of the week I'll be running again.

No comments:

Post a Comment