Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Crushing My Delusions

It's not a bad thing...

Every time I have a good run early in a new interval I have hopes and dreams of moving on like clockwork after 3 sessions, but each time that dream is dashed by reality.  However, as my clock-watching during the last two minutes of my last running sprint proved, I will probably have to extend this interval through Saturday, and possibly onto Tuesday.  But, that's not a bad thing.  It just means that my wimpy lungs need more time to catch up to speed (huh huh) with what I am doing. 

Speaking of lungs, have I told you that I have greater than average lung capacity?  Apparently I have about 30% more lung capacity than a woman my age, my height should have.  But, I have asthma, which busts my ability to move air in and out of my lungs by about 30%.  When I get my lungs conditioned to run for 30+ minutes and I use albuteral, I'll be a superhero!  Or something like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment