Monday, November 22, 2010

Vacations have a way of screwing up the plan

San Antonio
Image by Dave Stone

SA was great.  The flights were fine, and Little Runner was a real trooper with the whole travel by plane thing.  Next time I will definitely just get a direct flight, screw the cost, however.  The frantic switching terminals in the Denver Airport I could have done without, although all that walking really helped me get my steps in for the day even though I was traveling.

Round Runner's hotel was right on the SA River Walk, which was fun.  Good food (lobster bisque and later a yummy meatball sandwich) and lots to talk about with his Vietnam vet friends.  I got up the next morning for an extended walk due to planning to spend much of the day in the car driving to Harlingen, TX.  My goal was 7,000 steps, and I think I ended up with 7,500 or so.  The Rock n' Roll San Antonio Marathon was going on that morning, so I go to see streams of colorful runners crossing bridges above me on the River Walk.  It was a very inspiring sight!

The rest of the vacation included eating a deep-fried avocado stuffed with cheese and fajita meat (tasty!), shrimp stuffed with crab meat covered in Parmesan sauce (also tasty), and lots of cake.  And I finally got to eat some Dippin' Dots, which I have longed for ever since I moved to Utah from Miami.  Not enough to move back, mind you.  Just enough to get a pang every time I see a polka-dot pattern.



2 comments:

  1. I loved visiting San Antonio - such a pretty place. My husband and I went there during Christmas one year and it was filled with lights, even hanging down lights - just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been to San Antonio twice, and I've loved it both time.

    ReplyDelete