Sunday, September 5, 2010

The Difference Between Knowing and Doing

The Install

It was far easier than I expected.  Round Hiker agreed to hang around the house until lunchtime when the condo association grounds crew could come over and help bring the machine in while I was at work.  We expected 4 to show up, but only 2 could make it, so I paid them $30 a piece.  We will probably have no problems getting them to help move things again in the future as long as we continue to pay well.  So no tears on that part.

I took the lead on setting it up, and it wasn't that difficult, but we definitely needed two people to put it together.  It takes up more space than I expected in the living room.  It's a bit of a mondo piece of equipment, but I love it.  It's even quieter than I expected, which is a total plus.  My current goal is to do at least 6,000 steps a day on the machine, which at 2.0 MPH is about 1 h 05 min.  I'm going to up my speed by .1 MPH a day until I get my 6,000 steps in a just under an hour.  55 minutes would be good.

The Doing

One of the things my sports doc told me is that icing my heel would help the pain.  I've known this for 5 weeks or so and yesterday is the first time I managed to actually do it.  And by crikey, it seems to work.  So as I type I am resting my heel on a flexible ice-pack for 20 minutes.  It's amazing what happens when you do the things you know you should be doing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment