Saturday, February 19, 2011

Prehab

By perpetualplum
One way or another....

I'm going to have to deal with my physical limitations.  A light bulb totally went off over my head when I read on another runner's blog that you can either do prehab or rehab.  I have had several over-use injuries over the years (Metatarsalgia, Achilles Tendinitis, Patellofemoral pain syndrome, IT band tightness).  I could wait until my running aggravates each one of these conditions, or I can can accept that I need to work on the muscle weakness and tightness issues preemptively and perhaps even get rid of the problems.  So I have been doing my rehab exercises in the morning after I walk or run and it seems to be working.  I've done C25K week 1 day 2 and my feet feel fine.  I was a bit worried after day 1 when my foot was a tad tender, but foam rolling my very tight calf muscles seems to have done the trick.


Bodies are complicated!

No comments:

Post a Comment