Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Back in the Saddle

Progress

As of Monday morning I have lost 4 of the 9 lbs I plumped up since Thanksgiving, making me just 5 lbs up over all.  I'm trying to stay positive and not get too worked up over my weight fluctuation, and it does help that I am moving back in the right direction.

D'oh!

I have been struggling with adding my kettle bell workouts back into my routine.  I really like walking on the treadmill every morning, and am eagerly awaiting the time when I can bring some running back int the mix (2.8 lbs to go!)  I keep meaning to add my weight workouts in in the evening, but it just never seems to happen.  As I was falling asleep last night I had a minor brainstorm.  Why not take my minimal equipment in to my office and do an after lunch workout MWF?  I would get the weights done, and not have the fear of Little Runner running behind me while I swing a weight around.  Brilliant!  So I that's what I did today, and I had my first 20 minute kettle bell workout in ages.  We'll see if I am up to doing it again on Thursday or Friday.  This should help accelerate my fitness and will hopefully help keep me for screwing up my feet or knees when I get back to running again.  I just can't believe how long it took me to think of this idea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment