Sunday, December 12, 2010

Back in the Saddle

Weight Update

Two large trips in November and some looming stuff in December have done a number on my workout schedule, my diet adherence, and my general calm.  All told I am about 3 lbs. up total from my low of 197.8.  Which is annoying, but in some respects, a total miracle.  Did I mention that I ate a deep fried avocado in Harlingen, TX?  I haven't been food journaling at all, so I guess I can take a 3 lb. gain as a minor victory.  This is called re-framing. It helps when the voices whisper in the dark...

 Victory!

For the first time since August I ran this morning.  My feet feel great and everything seemed fine while I was doing it.  Sadly, I found that my running pace is about 4 MPH - a brisk walking pace for Round Hiker.  I was on my treadmill (best large purchase I've probably ever made!) and at a 2% incline.  I set it on 2.5 mph for the show portion of the Daily Show, and on 4.0 for the commercials.  I was pleased to see that I could run for the entire commercial periods as well.  This is good news.  I am not stuck starting back at the very beginning by running for 30 second sprints at a time.  I guestimate that the commercials are about 1.75 - 2.0 minutes long.  I did use my metronome during the running periods. I forgot that I can't seem to stay on beat listing to the beeps at 180 bps, but by the second commercial break I shifted back to my 60 bps.  If I get my breathing controlled my feet follow.  Next time I will time the commercials to see how long each break is.

No comments:

Post a Comment