Tuesday, December 14, 2010

It's the little things in life

Making yogurt fun to eat

I actually like yogurt, except for one thing.  Most yogurts sold in the US are too damn sweet!  They taste like weird candy rather than a sweet/tart treat.  I've been pretty happy eating plain Dannon Greek yogurt with some local honey in it, but I've been getting bored lately.  So now I put a tablespoon of grape-nuts cereal in it, and it's fun to eat again.  All smooth and crunchy.  Plus the strong blandness of grape-nuts (the only thing that recommends it is the crunch) helps tame the over-sweetness of the flavored Greek yogurt, so I can eat the strawberry kind too.  In an attempt to make our meals more nutritious Round Hiker and I have been playing around with Chia seed, which happens to taste pretty good mixed in with yogurt too.  So all in all, I've been having a revitalization of yogurt lately.

2 comments:

  1. My husband and I found this little place called "Red Mango" - the yogurt is NOT sweet. It's natural and it taste great, plus you pick whatever toppings you want (I usually go with fruit toppings).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm.. there is a Red Mango in a local shopping center. I'll have to try it out. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete