Sunday, March 13, 2011

We interrupt this training schedule...

For the Flu!

Gah!  Day 11 after getting the flu and I am at about 85% of normal.  I've done a total of 20 minutes of walking on the treadmill since getting sick.  I've even managed to pull a muscle in my neck, but I think it will be totally fine in a day or two from now.  This was the worst contagious illness I've in years, at least in terms of how long I felt crappy.  I had waves of sweat inducing fever for days.  A tip for those of you who get sick like this in the future - the only comfortable clothes and night-clothes I found to wear when you keep breaking into a sweat is moisture wicking workout wear.  Yay for chemically altered polyester!

Monday Morning

I will get back on the treadmill for a brisk 30 minute walk.  If that goes well enough I will get back to C25K week 2, redux.

No comments:

Post a Comment